Kingdom Education offers novel, exciting and stimulating programmes to students who like to be challenged intellectually and creatively. They’re specially designed for high school students considering their options for university or college – whether in an English-speaking country, or elsewhere.
Our programmes are held on the campuses of leading universities. Most are multi-centre, so you can see different sides of the country visited. They take place in the United Kingdom from early July to early August, in the United States of America in July, in Canada (with the USA) in August, and between December and February in Australia and New Zealand.
Interested in university or college in one of the countries offered?
This will be a huge investment – in terms both of money and of time. Make sure it’s the right investment! These are the questions which we think you should be asking yourself:
- Am I choosing the right subject, and am I preparing for it correctly?
- Is it the right university or the right city for me?
- Is it the right country for me?
Kingdom Education helps you to find answers to these questions by:
- Introducing you to your choice of subject area, and to skills which you’ll need in the future
- Taking you to see a selection of universities, in most cases, with presentations by admissions staff
- Showing you what life is like as a student in whichever country you visit
More interested in university or college elsewhere?
No problem! You may just want a more stimulating and useful summer school experience, and we include alternatives to university visits.
Also, the skills you learn on a KE programme will help to prepare you for university entrance, wherever you choose to study.
Who can take a KE summer programme?
- Students aged 14-16 (focusing on choices for 16+, and beyond)
- Students aged 16-18 (focusing on options after high school)
Native speakers of English and learners at intermediate level or above (min. 5.5 [IELTS]/90 [TOEFL iBT]/B2 [CEF]/FCE).
And is it suitable for me?
Kingdom Education is definitely suitable for you if you’re looking for opportunities to:
- Think in new ways
- Challenge yourself
- Meet interesting new people with ideas and imagination
KE programmes run just for two or three weeks, but they’re full of activity and action. We must be honest: if you’re looking for programmes in which much of the time is spent on games and shopping, these might not be for you. But if you’re looking for an experience which will change the way you look at your future, please continue.
This really is ‘A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUMMER SCHOOL…’
- Offered in the UK (early July – mid-August), the USA (July), the USA with Canada (August), Australia or New Zealand (mainly January, mainly for groups)
- Run for two weeks or three weeks during university vacations
- Generally multi-centre
Each programme has a number of different courses (one per week) and special features unique to Kingdom Education.
Details of our dates and fees for 2016 are available here.
Each programme includes different courses:
- 2-week programmes include two courses, each lasting one week
- 3-week programmes include three courses, each lasting one week
- Each course includes 16 hours of classroom tuition, plus project work, and the maximum class size is 15
Week 1 course (the order in which the courses are taken may vary)
‘Skills for learning’– choose one of these, depending on your interest and level of English:
‘Skills for living’ – with university preparation
These special features prepare you for many aspects of life, at university and beyond, and are included on every programme:
- Preparation for university entrance – an overview of the national education system, with practice in writing personal statements or essays and attending interviews
- Study visits – visits to famous cities, with a choice between visiting a top university and a place of cultural interest, followed by general sightseeing (each visit is preceded by a seminar about the places you’ll be seeing)
- Student mentors – contact with carefully selected students from the universities visited, who introduce you to life there
- Tutorials – weekly meetings in a small group
- News reviews – a 30-minute look at the daily news
- Special meals, with ‘dining & etiquette’ – formal dinner, preceded by a seminar on dining and etiquette – plus an afternoon tea (UK) or a barbecue (other countries)
- Local sports and pastimes – e.g. cricket, croquet, punting, baseball, golf
- Presentations – team presentations based on your experiences during the programme
With Kingdom Education, you have the opportunity to live and study on the campuses of some of the leading universities in the English-speaking world, including:
USA: University of Massachusetts and/or UC Berkeley. Visits to New York, Boston and San Francisco.
USA/Canada: UC Berkeley and Calgary, and with a six-day tour ending in Vancouver.
Australia: Queensland and Melbourne. Shorter stays in Sydney and Canberra.
New Zealand: Visit all eight universities, and see the country from north to south.
Our mission statement
‘Our mission is to provide ambitious young minds with the foundations for success in a global context. To this end, we offer life-changing experiences at centres of academic excellence across the English-speaking world, together with guidance on applying to top universities and on pursuing top careers.
Our philosophy is that success depends not just on the ability to memorise and prepare for examinations, but also on critical and independent thought, on commitment and passion, on creativity and imagination, on teamwork and debate.’
© 2016 Kingdom Education Group
Kingdom Education Group (UK) Ltd/Kingdom Education Group LLC are independent companies trading in any country in which they operate as ‘Kingdom Education’ or ‘KE’.
Kingdom Education is a non-profit organisation, and has no religious or political affiliations, or any association with any other organisations which may have a similar name.